Could this be the best news to hear when payday is approaching? Manchester’s intu Trafford shopping centre is having a huuuuge discount extravaganza to perk up the late January blues, making it the perfect occasion to get all those discounted summer outfits you’ve been eyeing up to pop in the wardrobe til July rocks around.
Expect discounts across tons of stores in the shopping centre. Think fashion, beauty, make-up, tech.
Here’s a sneak peak of a few of the offers to enjoy there this week…
• Nails Inc at Selfridges
Mindfulness manicure including healing gem stones for just £10. Plus did you know you can beat the crowds and arrive early at Selfridges on Sundays – they open for an hour’s browsing but you can while away the hour with complimentary fizz, coffee and pastries while enjoying a manicure at the Nails Inc concession in the beauty hall.
• Complimentary perfume engraving at Selfridges
New year new scent? Visit the beauty department and have your bottle engraved
• Nars at Selfridges
Make Up Your Mind is a 15-20 minute complimentary service giving you a 1:1 lesson with a makeup artist, focusing on a key area of the face, eyes, lips, skin
• YSL at Selfridges
Get make up lessons, try their Lip service as well as picking up a foundation match with a seven day sample
• Clinique at Selfridges
Receive 5, 10, 15 minute services that focus on skin and colour matches for a foundation
• Kiehls at Selfridges
Kiehls – Offer compliantly skin care facials to returning customers or a 10 minute skin type diagnosis
• Jo Malone at Selfridges
Treat yourself to one of the many services on offer this January at Jo Malone
- 20 minute hand and arm massage
- 10 minute Scent for you – Discover the craftsmanship, ingredients and scents to suit you
- 10 minute Scent Your Home – Style your home with scent for different moods and occasions
- 10 minute Essentials For Men – Find your signature scent and incorporate into your daily routine
- 30 minute Scent Your Wedding – Select the perfect scent and gifts for your wedding
- 10 minute – Specialist Skincare – Discover the benefits of Vitamin E Specialist Skin Care. Rich in antioxidants. Indulgent in texture
• Elemis Spa at Debenhams
Hidden away in the Debenhams beauty hall is an oasis of calm in Elemis’ secret spa… you’ll be transported away to far-away places with aromatherapy, massage and luxury.
• Clarins at Debenhams
Clarins are offering two complimentary 20 minute facials to give you that extra lift this January. The Winter blues and The Super restorative reviver are available from the counter in Debenhams on a walk up basis.
• Clinique at Debenhams
The Vitamin C range from Clinique is perfect for giving your skin a boost this January. Enjoy a 5 minute skin consultation with an counter expert free of charge
• Make Up Forever at Debenhams
Visit the counter for a complimentary ten minute make up touch up. Alternatively book a make over with them and your product will be redeemable against product.
• Kat Von D at Debenhams
Everything made and used is 100% vegan friendly, perfect for veganuary. Drop by for a free complexion or eye appointment.
• The Body Shop
Complimentary makeovers or facials using the new range of super food face masks or Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask.
• John Lewis
Decleor – 3 for 2 on the ultimate vitamin glow facial in store. Visit the Liz Earle counter for complimentary hand and arm massages.
• Hotel Chocolat
Try the new Rabot 1745 beauty range – rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and feel-good happiness, cocoa is a natural wonder. These treatments help protect, renew, enliven and uplift, all with an invigorating scent. Hotel Chocolat also have a brand new vintage range which is actually dairy free.
• Regis hair salon
Hair bonding service for coloured hair – you may know it as a bond multiplier, Olaplex or hair bonding – or you might never have heard of it before. L’Oréal Professionnel ‘s SmartBond is now available in all Regis salons.
The new Wagamama x Mindfulness menu means that 25p from every juice sold is donated to mental health charity Mind. The restaurant chain has worked with mindfulness guru Michael Townsend Williams to come up with a positive juice – filled with refreshing powers to feed the mind, body and soul!
• Oh You Pretty Thing (Champagne bar on the upper Orient)
Enjoy several healthy new additions to the Oh You Pretty Thing! menu:
Selection of low calorie gins
Introducing the new LEON winter menu: This year LEON are keeping it real. Rather than blending avocado and chocolate and calling it dessert, or telling themselves (and you) that blitzed cauliflower can masquerade as a pizza base, they’re just serving vegetables in ways that make them taste really good. Because vegetables taste really good anyway and LEON are heralding them just the way they are. They have three new vegan options on the menu to show off the best of the season’s produce, including two new salads that taste like everything you want to eat right now: a Rainbow Mezze Salad and a Squash, Sage and Kale Salad. When you’re not dreaming of salad, there’s a Roasted Beet & Squash Wrap that’s full of good stuff, with brightly pickled red onions and a fiery vegan horseradish mayo. And for vegetarians, the return of the Sweet Potato Falafel Hot Box has arrived just in time for the New Year.
January sees the launch of a new, limited edition ‘super veg chilli’ dish which is healthy, light and vegan (hold the slaw and sour cream extras)
Try the new Protein Breakfast Smoothies – the Strawbrekky and Bircher Blizz OR have a go at creating your very own smoothie using their freshest, tastiest ingredients!
New menu to promote vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian dining. Plus come along to Tampopo and make your own Vietnamese spring rolls! The sessions are 15 mins long and taking place at 11am and 12noon on Thursday 25, Friday 26 and Saturday 27 January. No need to book, just drop in!
A few little facts you maybe didn’t know…
• If you’re looking for a calming corner to contemplate your purchases look no further than Costa Coffee in either theODEON or Next on Regent Crescent. Both branches are nestled in the upper level, away from the view of the mall so perfect for a private tête a tête!
• Dr Martens have a vegan range available at the newly opened store – not just about boots, there’s a whole range of animal-friendly accessories from belts and bags to shoes and satchels.
• Opening just last year, the £200,000 Virgin Holidays concept store has interactive screens with videos of destinations, a smelling device so people can experience localised smells, as well as an operational bar serving champagne and exotic cocktails.