Red Or Dead Co-Founder Joins Biz Experts For Entrepreneur Advice Day
Get your tickets booked
Budding entrepreneurs could get some start-up advice from the man behind Red Or Dead at a Manchester event this week.
Start Up Day is set to host successful business people with real-life tips for the top - and the bill's headed by Wayne Hemingway MBE.
The businessman, originally from Morecambe, co-founded one of the most recognisable fashion labels on the high street.
Since its sale in 1999, Hemingway has concentrated on aiming to make design sustainable and affordable.
The list of experts will be sharing their advice and inspiring stories at the free event running from 9.15am to 4pm at Manchester Central Library on Friday.
Several workshops have been scheduled for teaching a variety of useful business
skills, and the day’s events and activities are intended to help aspiring entrepreneurs
transform their ideas into a successful enterprise.
Free workshops - open to all - include:
- Turning Your Passion Into A Business with Wendy Breakell from Break Into Business
- Marketing Your Start Up with Corin Bland from Bottle
- Create your Own Food and Drink Empire with Carla Taylor from Penelope’s Kitchen
- Making a Difference: Setting Up a Social Enterprise with Duncan Swainsbury from Bounceback Foods
- Crowdfunding for Newbies with Anne Strachan
- Protect your Ideas with Andrew Reith from the UK Intellectual Property Office
Representatives from the GM Business Growth Hub, People Plus, and Google Digital Garage will be on hand, offering their expert business advice, plus 3D printing demos.
Attendees will also have the chance to find about the resources on offer for start-ups in Central Library’s Business & Intellectual Property Centre.