The Ivy Spinningfields only opened a short time ago, which is why we were shocked when reports came in yesterday of a blaze on their roof top terrace.
As flames jutted out from the top of the famous building, many users took to twitter to share videos and firsthand accounts of the blaze.
— ????? ?????? (@spartannik) January 4, 2019
— Conor Gray (@original_cgray) January 4, 2019
— Josh (@jmrs229) January 4, 2019
— Jennifer Jackson (@Jenjackson23) January 4, 2019
Thanks to the quick and efficient response from staff, all four floors of the Ivy were evacuated in four minutes. The blaze itself was brought under control by fire services in only 20 minutes, and the damage was limited to a small section of the roof terrace.
The largest restaurant to open in the UK last year – The Ivy – has confirmed there were no injuries.
View this post on Instagram
Thank you for all your kind messages of support regarding yesterday’s unfortunate fire at The Ivy Spinningfields. The fire was contained in one section of The Roof Garden thanks to the excellent work of the Greater Manchester Fire Services who have informed us that the building is now totally safe to occupy. The ground floor Ivy Brasserie and Ivy Asia on the second floor are completely unaffected by the fire and will continue to operate as usual. All reservations will be honoured. Please visit our website, link in bio, for further details and announcements.
Not to let a “small” blaze stop them, the team at the Ivy were back open and ready for lunch service on their bottom floors less than 24 hours after the blaze.
Knowing the speed and efficiency of the Ivy, we are sure that they will be back up and running on roof top in no time!
Bring on those Summer rooftop bevs!
(Image Credit: Harry Pollard)