This Manchester App Lets You Buy Gorgeous Food From All Your Favourites From £2.50
Katsouris Deli, YO! Sushi, Lunya, Chop'd and a load more...
There are so many yummy places to eat in and around Manchester, but when pay day seems an absolute age away, it can feel so difficult to justify spending a load of dosh on eating out on often expensive (if, granted, delicious) grub.
Luckily one of Europe's most promising start-ups is here in Manchester and is making a huge impact on reducing both spends out of your wallet and food waste around the city - the so-called 'food waste revolution' Too Good To Go is currently active in eight European countries with even more set to join the pack.
What's the idea?
Basically you download the app, enter your home city and voila! You'll be presented with an array of restaurants, cafes and bar choices within the vicinity from which to choose.
On the regular, prices range from £2-4 for one portion (but trust us, they're generally so huge that sharing is recommended. Failing that, at least you know you've got a spot of lunch sorted the next day ;)
The idea is, the restaurant gets a bit of dosh for the food no longer deemed 'fit' to sell (nothing wrong with it of course and perfectly edible and delicious) you get gorgeous restaurant quality food super cheap and you help the environment at the same time.
The only catch is that if you're a picky eater - you can't specify what food you'd like - you simply pay the set price and the restaurant box up whatever they have left.
What you can expect...
- YO! Sushi - Japanese sushi straight from the belt, salads sides and deep-fried gloriousness.
- Jerk Shack (Northern Quarter) - what you take home can vary day-today, but choices include rice 'n' peas, slow-simmered curries and stews, crispy fried chicken and fiery jerk, jamaican dumplings, exotic salads and hot and fruity slaw with jerk gravy.
- Hey Little Cupcake! - Cupcakes, brownies, think pink, think beautiful, think taste-sensation.
- Katsouris Deli - Traditional smoked sausage with rice, pulled pork, sandwiches, piri-piri chicken, hot meats/carvery, greek-style salads, other deli foods.
- Chop'd (Cross Street) - collections will vary, but you can look forward to a range of salads - both warm and cold, soups, hot dishes, wraps and breakfasts.
Last year while everyone else was doing pigs in blankets sandwiches and turkey & cranberry salads, we were working hard on our new year menu. We’ve come up with four new vegan specials for January that are great tasting, healthy meals you can eat everyday. So if you’re giving it a go for #veganuary, long standing veggie or vegan or carnivore who fancies something different, come in and try one. BTW; this is my new favourite - Jerk jackfruit with roasted sweet potato, rice, peas and sweet corn salsa #vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #veganism #veganseason #newyear #freshstart #veganuary #vegansofldn #govegan #whatveganseat #veganfood #instavegan #jackfruit #bestofvegan #veganfoodshare #vegansalad #food #healthyfood @veganshares
Kimchi is amazing! Packed with vitamins A, B & C and healthy bacteria that makes it good for your gut. We really wanted to include it in our new year specials and managed to find a supplier who does a vegan one (it usually contains anchovies). They are a small deli based in London called @vadaszdeli who ferment it themselves and also make a beautiful range of pickles and krauts. We’ve put it with fried, sweet chilli tofu, our raw broccoli slaw & super noodles #vegan #vegansofldn #veganuary #whatveganseat #instavegan #veganrecipes #instafood @veganshares #plantbased #dairyfree #whatveganslooklike #bestofvegan #salad #govegan #vegansalad #healthyfood
- Lunya - Traditional tapas await! Salads, dips with bread, olives, cured meats, cheeses, sardines, anchovies, savoury pastries (empanadas, sausage rolls and pies) and a whole host of sweet treats with cakes and brownies.
Ew summer menu out now #liverpool #manchester #tapas #food #foodies #foodiesofinstagram #instafood #foodporn #tapas #spain #instafoodie #foodinstagram #comfortfood #foodpics #foodstyling #gastronomy #foodphotography #huffposttaste #foodblog #foodgasm #foodstagram #veganfoodshare #vegan #veganfood #vegetarian #glutenfree #glutenfreefood #healthyfood #healthyliving #cleanliving
...Aaaaand a ton more!
You can find out more information about the app and download it via Play Store or Google here.