Only In Manchester: These Things Would Only Ever Happen In Our City
There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about Manchester. Let’s just say it’s a colourful city...
1. Umbrella machines
Because it rains a LOT...
...even when nowhere else in the country is having rain.
2. The indomitable spirit
A manc doesn’t go quietly.
3. The insatiable hunger
Red’s True Barbecue has what it calls 'The Donut Burger.' Two meat patties, cheese, bacon, crispy onions… between two donuts. Omnomnom.
4. The eye for a bargain
Penny wise and pound foolish.
5. The problem continues on public transport…
But in a way that still makes his mother proud.
6. Reality and fantasy often blur...
If only for a moment.
7. More often than you realise
To most people Shameless is a fictional series. To mancs it’s more of a documentary.
8. But you still can’t take a fish for a walk
Although apparently you can take your Henry...
8. This violin playing puppet replica of a busker isn’t viral
Which says that Mancunians find this so run-of-the-mill only one person thought it would be appreciated by the Internet.
9. But most people manage to stay on the right side of normal
It’s a relative standard.
10. Although those who don’t will always have company
Maybe TripAdvisor will branch out.
11. People work their fitness routine seamlessly into their daily life
It’s a really cosmopolitan concept.
12. Then use their new skills to become a point of national pride
Bringing in the year with a bang (up)