9 Signs You're Slowly Turning Into A Manc
How many can you tick off?
Loads of people who live in our fair city are not from here originally, which we love.
The longer you've lived in Manchester, the more likely you are to have assimilated into the culture.
Whether you're Manc born and bred or from further afield, here are nine signs you're slowly becoming a native - and be warned, the process is irreversible.
1. You've adopted the language
You move to Manchester and a month later you're calling everyone you talk to our kid.
Been in Manchester for less than an hour and someone has already said: "Alright our kid" to me.— Philip May (@PMhusband) September 28, 2017
2. You refer to Manchester as 'home'
Just don't let your mum catch you saying it if you're from Salford way.
3. You know that Spinningfields is full of wanks
And that the Northern Quarter is basically a breeding ground for bearded hippies.
4. You keep up-to-date with the latest bants from LG
You're always guaranteed highbrow political commentary.
Lots of big mouths on here private accounts let's see your face ya shit bags as you fucking were LFUKING x— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) September 29, 2017
5. You know the bus routes like the back of your hand
And that the magic bus = life.
6. Your mates slag you about your accent
"Is that a Manchurian twang I hear?"
"Ah fuck off, yer shit bag...As you were."
7. You know all the best places to eat
And have already tried everything on this list.
8. You know not to order 'extra spice' in restaurants around Piccadilly
God knows what you'd end up with...
Just heard someone describe Piccadilly Gardens as being "full of bare different cultures."— nath 🎶 (@NMJowett) June 1, 2017
Thought it was more open air drug den.
9. And you know where you'll be doing your Christmas shopping
And it's not Debenhams.