The 19 Stages of A Girls' Night Out In Your Thirties
You all know the drill...
1. Show up at the one of the girls’ houses
The closer to town the better.
2. Hug each other like you haven’t seen each other for months
Even though it was probably only a few days ago.
3. Compliment each other
The classic ‘I love your hair’ or ‘have you lost weight!?’ always go down well.
4. Music on, wine poured, makeup brush out
We'll be ready in a couple of hours.
5. Catch up on all the gossip
Usually boy talk or ranting about the annoying girl at work.
6. No one’s booked a taxi yet, so someone agrees to take one for the team
But they won't ring for at least another hour.
7. Time for a quick selfie
8. Taxi arrives so you quickly down a couple of drinks
9. Get to the club and head straight for the toilets
You literally have to go.
10. Make new best friends while we’re there
You just can’t escape it.
11. Take another selfie
But they always look terrible the next morning.
12. Get the shots in
But you'll regret it in an hour or two...
13. Head to the dance floor
And the squad moves usually make an appearance.
14. Everyone gets a bit emotional
Cue drunk texts.
15. The tidal wave of I love yous come out
‘You’re the best friends ever’ – never has a truer word been said!
16. The shoes get the better of everyone
"Why did we wear them in the first place!?"
17. So you make the 'mutual' decision to go home
I mean, 2am is a good time to leave, right?
18. But you need those chips before bed
Else you'll all feel like death tomorrow.
19. And then everyone collapses in bed
And usually end up spooning.