Ah first dates.
We’ve all had to go on them and we’ve all had to negotiate the awkward ‘who pays’ conversation at the end.
For years it been assumed that men should foot the bill but it’s the 21st century now so it’s time we started acting that way.
Here’s why men shouldn’t pay on first dates:
1. What if she ate more than you?
2. You may never see them again
How would she ever pay you back?
3. Women love bad boys
Nice guys finish last.
4. She picked the restaurant
You would never have picked somewhere THIS fancy.
5. You sacrificed watching the match with your mates
Wonder what the score is?
6. You’re poor
You don’t even know why you’re here.
7. You missed the early bird menu
“We specifically agreed to meet before 7.”
8. She fell asleep
9. She gets paid more
“Have I mentioned I was poor?”
10. She burped
Well, that’s just rude.
11. She drinks like a fish
“Come on now, do we really need that third Jaegerbomb?”
12. You’re both men
How does this work?
13. You’re both women
14. She likes Donald Trump
15. She ordered wings
16. She ordered the most expensive thing on the menu
17. She was shit banter
When will this end?
18. She brought her children
I am NOT paying for four people.
19. It’s 2018
It ain’t the bleedin 50s.
20. She keeps interrupting your hilarious anecdotes
What is this?
21. She ordered dessert
This has gone too far.
22. And finally, she left halfway through the meal
And you will be alone forever.