Deansgate’s Lock 91 has got something pretty special planned this Thursday…
From 7pm, expect two and a half hours of fun-filled dating opportunities rife with hot singles ready to mingle.
The one-night-only event has been created to get face-to-face contact back on the radar! Cos let’s face it, with the rise of technology turning the dating landscape almost entirely digital, the idea of meeting someone in-person can seem like a thing of the past. And how sad is that?!
Launched in 2002, the Lock 91 event is all part of SpeedDater which aims to introduce single pringles to retro romantic-rendezvous – from wine tasting to quiz nights, to tempt Brits away from Tinder.
Sounds decent to us! And they have 70 events a month, so there’s bound to be something you’ll enjoy whatever your interests…
So how does it all work and what’s the vibes?
- Book your place online here and choose from a wide range of events. If you’re a foodie, try the wine tasting to show off your culinary skills or brainboxes can impress with your knowledge at the dating quiz.
2. First thing’s first, you’ll need your speed dating tools. During registration you can grab a drink, whilst you get your numbered name badge, plus a tickcard to keep track of who you meet.
3. When the speed dating session starts, you’ll be called to sit at the table corresponding to the number on your badge, and will be partnered up with someone of the same number.
4. Now it’s time to get dating. Each date will last between 3-5 minutes before the bell rings and you go on to your next person. Around a minute will be left between each round to allow you fill out your tickcards
5. After the event you’re free to find your favourite and see if there’s a spark. After which tickcards are taken home and the matching is done online the next day, where you’re free to message your matches, whether that be as a dating match or just friends.
You can check out the full list of SpeedDater events in your area here.